BMW- “The ultimate driving machine” always brings the best features for their customers. So we felt like CarPlay and Android Auto BMW 2020 is something worth talking about, as they enhance the driving experience to an ultimate level.
In this article we are going to discuss more on
- Android Auto BMW
- CarPlay BMW
Android auto for BMW 2020
What is android auto? In short you can use android auto to connect your mobile phone into your car display. With the support of google assist you can enjoy your mobile facilities safely while you’re driving. Furthermore you can use android auto for navigation, send a text, answer a call, even to read your messages for you. So here we are going to talk about Android auto BMW compatibility.
Advantages of the Android Auto BMW
- Most importantly you can have google assistant for all your mobile works.
- Set reminders, check your appointments, calendar.
- Get real-time updates and all navigations for your vehicle including traffic details and others.
- Make calls, answer calls and send a busy text while rejecting calls.
- Listen to you received messages and send text messages using google assistant.
- Use WhatsApp, messenger, hangout, email, etc using google assistant safely while you’re driving.
- Listen to your favorite playlists and easily change the song.
Android Auto compatible BMW car models.
- 3 Series – 2019 / 2020
- 5 Series
- 7 Series
- 8 Series sedans
- X6 – 2020
How to install Android Auto BMW
So how to connect your android auto to your BMW? You need to be careful with the section of the right input. Otherwise, you need to restart the whole process. Here is the step by step guide to setting up Android auto for your BMW. So here all you need to use android auto on your car is an iDrive controller, steering wheel buttons, and google assistant.
- Firstly open the OEM menu from your car stereo.
- Secondly select the multimedia option.
- Then select external devices.
- After that choose the Aux front option.
- Then set up the volume settings as you need and test
- Subsequently exit from the menu.
- Hold the menu button using the iDrive controller till the MMI sub-menu pops up.
- Then plugin the android device.
- After popup, the google navigates, Now press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel.
- This will open the google assistant feature.
- Now test by requesting a location or any.
- To try the android auto-link double-tap the back button.
- Choose the mirroring.
- Download the android auto-link app to your mobile.
- Then select the android auto-link on the stereo.
Android Auto BMW compatible apps.
The Android Auto compatible apps list is continuously growing Listing. Here we are going to mention a few important applications for your daily life.
- Google Maps
- Google Play Music
- VLC player
- ABC new
2.Apple CarPlay for BMW 2020
CarPlay app lets users to run a large number of similar applications that you may already be using on the iPhone. By using your car multimedia player, you can enjoy any preferred iOS applications without mobile in hand, while securely in the driver’s seat.
Advantages of the CarPlay for BMW
- Seamless Connection
- Siri is Apple’s Voice Assistant support
- Answering and making calls in cars with the help of Apple CarPlay
- Dictating and reading your messages for you
- Integrated Apple Maps, Waze, and Google Maps.
- Access to all your content using your vehicle’s native iDrive
Apple CarPlay compatible BMW car models.
- BMW Series 2,3,4,5,6,7
- BMW X1 ,X2, X3, X4, X5, X6 , i3, i8
How to install Apple CarPlay BMW
- Firstly Activate Bluetooth, WiFi, and Siri on your iPhone.
- Then on the left side of iDrive 7 screen press COM
- After that choose option – Mobile Devices
- Now click on New Device option
- Then go to phone calls and audio.
- iDrive system is now discoverable from your iPhone, and nearby devices.
- On iPhone, select your BMW from the Bluetooth discoverable devices.
- After that pair both pairing devices,
- iDrive screen will confirm the pairing request.
- Next confirm the PIN displayed on your iDrive
- iPhone screens match, then click Yes.
- Select the option to connect to Apple CarPlay on iDrive screen.
- iPhone and BMW iDrive systems are now connected via CarPlay.
Apple CarPlay BMW compatible apps.
CarPlay compatible with a large number of the applications incorporated with iOS system. Additionally it works with a few outsider applications too. including
- Apple Maps
- Google Maps
- Apple Podcasts
- NAVER Map
- Slacker Radio
- NPR One
- Apple Audiobooks
- Amazon Prime Music
- Google Play Music
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- MLB At Bat
- Radio Disney
- CBS Radio