Android Auto YouTube Hack - No Root Required
Android auto includes calls, messages, YouTube Music, maps, podcasts, and many more Android Auto-compatible apps.
Google has not introduced YouTube for Android Auto due to the fact being people tend to lose their focus while driving. Yet there are situations that the drivers can get entertained just with the audio part while others can enjoy videos on YouTube.
So, Android Auto YouTube hack is a common query from Android Auto users. Let’s see 100% working safe methods which do not require root access to enjoy YouTube on Android Auto.
Requirements for enjoying YouTube on Android Auto.
CarStream is the best solution for enjoying YouTube videos on Android Auto which is developed by Kiran Kumar. (Previously named YouTube Auto) In order to use this Car Streaming you need to make sure that you have downloaded both Android Auto app and Car Stream. The CarStream app does not require root. Let’s see how CarStreaming.
Follow the following steps to download and set up CarStream.
Note: These steps may slightly vary depending on your Android version and the phone model.
How to set up CarStream (YouTube Auto) - for Android 8 and Upper (Android 13)
- Download and Install Android Auto app if you have not installed it already. If you are unable to find the APK in Google Play Store, or if it does not support your location you can download it from apkmirror.com .
From Latest version Android Auto 8.8.6304:
• Improved Do Not Disturb functionality.
• Dark mode on car UI is now independent from the phone.
2. Download and Install the CarStream application.
Download CarStream (YouTube Auto)
3. Launch the installed Android Auto app on your Android home screen
4. Click on the hamburger menu at the top left corner
5. Click on the “Settings” .
6. Scroll down to the section “About” and tap on the “Version” so that the version information will appear.
7. Tap several times on the version information so that a pop up will appear asking whether to enable developer mode. Click ok and enable it. This is necessary for CarStream to work.
8. Click on the menu located on the top right corner and tap on “Developer Settings”
9. Tick on the “Unknown resources” checkbox.
10. Click on the “Video Resolution” option on the same view. (Developer settings)
11. Then select an option as you prefer.
12. Now launch Car Stream App
13. There you go! Now you can enjoy YouTube on Android Auto.
How to set up CarStream (YouTube Auto) - for Android 7 and lower
- Launch the installed Android Auto app on your Android home screen
2. Click on the hamburger menu at the top left corner
3. Tap on “About Android Auto”
4. Tap again on the “About Android Auto” multiple times on the opened window
5. Click on the menu located on the top right corner and tap on “Developer Settings”
6. Check the “Unknown Resources” box, Video 720p and 1080p.
7. Now launch Car Stream App
8. There you have… Enjoy YouTube on Android Auto
Hack YouTube with Hardware Upgrade
The easiest way to enable YouTube on Android Auto is to use a dedicated hardware upgrade to add YouTube to Android Auto.
We recommend this to all users as it will not change anything on your Android phone. Also, This approach supports all Android Auto-enabled phones. Do you think this is a great way to watch YouTube on Android Auto?? Then Let's see what those Hardware devices are.
1. Onince Ai Box Wireless Carplay Adapter
Onince is the best and most famous brand of wireless adapter. It's a highly reliable and affordable car accessory. Onince wireless adapter supported with multi-platforms. It's super cool for Car lovers. Also, This handles all the preloaded applications like YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc.
Compatible Device: iOS and Android Phones
Compatible Cars: 2016-2022 Cars
Prerequisites: Compatible with models with built-in CarPlay and Android Auto
- Fast and reliable
- Support with multi-platforms
- Built-in 5GHz chip
- Adapter comes with USB cable
- Can watch your favorite video streams like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and etc
- It's easy to install, and after connecting for the first time, it will automatically connect the next time.
2. CarlinKit AI Box Android Wireless Adapter
CarlinKit AI Box Android Wireless Adapter is the super and newest box-type adapter developed by Carlinkit. This is easy to use and carry in your car. The adapter will connect to your phone over Bluetooth, Wi-Fi can connect to your Android Auto head unit for wireless connectivity. Also, It has a smooth connection and is easy to connect by USB Cable. The cable is provided with the package. So you can connect to the car's infotainment system by Cable.
Compatible Devices: Android 5.0 and above
Compatible Cars: Audi, Ford, Skoda, Pioneer, Honda, VW, Jeep, Toyota, Peugeot, Volvo, Mazda, Porsche, Benz, Lexus, Buick, Chevrolet
Note: Not compatible with: BMW, Nissan
Prerequisites: Compatible with models with built-in Android Auto
- Support YouTube, Netflix, Wireless Android Auto
- Has 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM large capacity memory
- Easy to install, stable and reliable
- Built-in GPS & Beidcu
- Dual Bluetooth
- Wireless Communication Technology-Wifi, 4G, Bluetooth
3. CarlinKit AI Box Android Wireless Adapter
Most adapters work the same. but not all of them. Carlinkit AI wireless adapter is supported for Android Auto. This is an amazing product and easy to use. Also, the adapter product design is user-friendly. The adapter features a USB Type-C connector and comes with a Type-C to Type-B cable that can be used to connect the adapter to the car. This is an ideal product for Built-in video apps such as YouTube.
Android 11 and above Mobile
Compatible Cars: 2016 and above models (Currently BMW series is not compatible for the time being.)
Prerequisites: Compatible with models with built-in Android Auto
- Support 4G Network
- Connectivity Technology- USB, Wifi, Bluetooth
- It's easy to install, and automatically connects the next time you start the car.
- Support with video streams like YouTube
- Seamless automatic connection
- Slim Design
- Fast performance
- Easy to use and carry in your car.
If you want to try out these Android Auto wireless adapters click the button I displayed above.
Enjoy YouTube on Android Auto Using InCar.
InCar App is the best solution If you do not have Android Auto. It is an Android Auto simulator which gives the same experience on Android Phone. It contains a set of apps including apps which are not available on Android Auto by default. Eg: YouTube, Facebook, Messenger, Browsers, Waze, Video Players, etc. So this is also the best option for watch YouTube even if you do not have Android Auto.
What you simply have to do is download InCar from Google Play Store. Read more on how to use InCar App.
Possibilities of using Android Auto YouTube
We know that watching any video while driving puts you in risk. Because it distracts and keeps you out of focus on the road. But if you want to enjoy your ride while on a long drive or when the car is parked Video streams like YouTube are useful things.
Furthermore, Let’s say there was an inspiring speech or a story you would like to hear most of the time on YouTube Or a stand-up comedy program that your family enjoys together. Or at least imagine how many times perhaps your kids might have been sitting in the back of the car lonely without having anything to enjoy. Under such a circumstance, wouldn’t you think that YouTube on your car’s system is an ideal option?
Therefore a tactful mind could use YouTube in a safe and effective way as we discussed while bringing entertainment into the car.
We discussed all Hacks of Android Auto with YouTube. The ways of watching Youtube with android auto. And also, If you already use Android Auto, then you can go ahead with CarStream, and also you can try Hardware upgrades. Otherwise, if Android Auto is not available for you at the moment, you can enjoy YouTube on your Android phone or tab using InCar App.
Now you can install any app on Android Auto and other ways 100% safely with the hacks provided in our blog. So stay with us for more hacks to enhance and enjoy your in car life!
However, I must emphasize that please keep your focus on the road while driving as safety should come first rather than entertainment.
Safe driving !!!