CarPlay App BBC iPlayer Radio – In Brief
- Price: FREE
- Download Source: App Store & Play Store
- CarPlay/Android Auto support: Yes
BBC iPlayer Radio is an online streaming app developed by BBC. It covers BBC podcasts, music, news updates, radio, catch up and many more listening categories. The app is compatible with most of the devices including iPhone, iPad and computers and tablets. This is being used by millions around the world for now. Being such a powerful communication channel, BBC decided to come up with a support for CarPlay and Android Auto. CarPlay app BBC iPlayer Radio, the Carplay support, comprises four main sections
CarPlay app BBC iPlayer Radio Sections:
- Following – You can easily navigate through the app and add programs in the mobile app. So that they will appear in the car’s infotainment system
- Playback – You can listen to the episodes again and again that have been added to the “Listen Later”
- Downloads – Offline playback of programs that you have downloaded
- Stations – You can listen to all national and local stations in the UK
In order to experience this app in your car, there are some requirements to be met. If you are an Android mobile phone user, first you have to make sure that your phone is running on Android 5.0 or above. Then you will need to connect your phone to an Android Auto compatible car or download and run the Android Auto app. If you are an iPhone/iPad user, you will have to download the version 2.15.0 or above of the iPlayer Radio app. And make sure that the car you are going to use is an Apple CarPlay compatible car.
Note: Operating mobile phones or being distracted by the infotainment system may lead you to accidents. Therefore focus on the road while driving.