BMW- “The ultimate driving machine” always brings the best features for their customers. So we felt like CarPlay BMW is something worth talking about, as they enhance the driving experience to an ultimate level.
With the iOS 16 CarPlay release, Apple has enhanced the functionality and security of CarKey as well. And the super interesting thing is, currently only the BMW users can enjoy the CarKey feature.
In this article we are going to discuss more on CarPlay BMW.
Apple CarPlay for BMW
CarPlay app lets users to run a large number of similar applications that you may already be using on the iPhone. By using your car multimedia player, you can enjoy any preferred iOS applications without mobile in hand, while securely in the driver’s seat.
Advantages of the CarPlay for BMW
- Seamless Connection
- Siri is Apple’s Voice Assistant support
- Answering and making calls in cars with the help of Apple CarPlay
- Dictating and reading your messages for you
- Integrated Apple Maps, Waze, and Google Maps.
- Access to all your content using your vehicle’s native iDrive
Apple CarPlay compatible BMW car models.
- BMW Series 2,3,4,5,6,7
- BMW X1 ,X2, X3, X4, X5, X6 , i3, i8
How to install Apple CarPlay BMW
- Firstly Activate Bluetooth, WiFi, and Siri on your iPhone.
- Then on the left side of iDrive 7 screen press COM
- After that choose option – Mobile Devices
- Now click on New Device option
- Then go to phone calls and audio.
- iDrive system is now discoverable from your iPhone, and nearby devices.
- On iPhone, select your BMW from the Bluetooth discoverable devices.
- After that pair both pairing devices,
- iDrive screen will confirm the pairing request.
- Next confirm the PIN displayed on your iDrive
- iPhone screens match, then click Yes.
- Select the option to connect to Apple CarPlay on iDrive screen.
- iPhone and BMW iDrive systems are now connected via CarPlay.
Apple CarPlay BMW compatible apps.
CarPlay compatible with a large number of the applications incorporated with iOS system. Additionally it works with a few outsider applications too. including
- Apple Maps
- Google Maps
- Apple Podcasts
- NAVER Map
- Slacker Radio
- NPR One
- Apple Audiobooks
- Amazon Prime Music
- Google Play Music
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- MLB At Bat
- Radio Disney
- CBS Radio
How to get non default apps for a BMW CarPlay
Some visual based apps like YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, Videos, Photos, Games are not available for CarPlay bu default for safety reasons. Still, if you are willing to add any app for CarPlay you can use WheelPal app.
Apple CarKey on BMW
CarKey is the latest trend of locking and unlocking the car using iPhone. It was introduced by Apple in their iOS 13.6 update and in iOS 15 it has come up with really good enhancements in functionality and security. As I said, if you are a BMW owner and belong a latest car model in BMW make, you will be able to experience this feature.
With this feature, you will never lock the car keeping the phone inside the car and on the other hand, you need your phone to unlock the car and you will never forget to bring your phone with you.
You can read more on Apple CarKey in our blog, the compatible car models, compatible iPhones and everything.
So stay with CarPlayhacks.com, we are bringing you interesting hacks, tips and news on CarPlay and Android Auto related to all the CarPlay cars like Audi, BMW, Mazda etc. Also you should be definitely interested in Next Generation CarPlay Cars if you are a luxury car lover.