Tesla Apple CarPlay
This article will examine whether Tesla supports Apple CarPlay and what options are available to Tesla owners. We'll go through Tesla's unique infotainment system in more detail, including the features it provides, as well as outside apps and services that can make your Tesla vehicle more functional. You can find out more about Tesla Apple CarPlay by reading on, whether you're a Tesla owner or you're just interested in the newest in-car technology.
Why Don’t Tesla’s Have Apple CarPlay?
Tesla may not offer Apple CarPlay in its vehicles for a number of reasons.
First off, Tesla has created its very own entertainment system dubbed "Tesla Infotainment System" that is specially made to work with the characteristics and capabilities of its electric automobiles. Tesla regularly updates this system, which is made to provide a distinctive user experience that goes well with the business's cutting-edge features and technology.
Second, Tesla may not be interested in integrating with third-party apps like Apple CarPlay because they have their own ecosystem of apps. Instead, Tesla has created its own in-house native apps, such as the Tesla app, which lets users control and monitor the features of their cars, and the Tesla Arcade, which provides a selection of in-car games.
Finally, Apple CarPlay is heavily dependent on the iPhone and its features, whereas Tesla's infotainment system is made to work seamlessly with iOS and Android devices as well as Tesla's own mobile app. By taking this strategy, Tesla is able to cater its infotainment experience to the needs of their wide range of customers, making it more flexible and complete.
Compatibility guide on Tesla Apple CarPlay
Here is a list of devices that are compatible with Tesla CarPlay:
- Model Year: As of 2018, only Model S, Model X, Model 3, and Model Y vehicles were produced with Tesla CarPlay.
- Software Version: To support CarPlay, your Tesla must have a software version of 2021.24 or later.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is required for CarPlay to function on your Tesla. For the best results, it is advised to join a reliable, robust Wi-Fi network.
- iPhone Compatibility: In order to connect to Tesla CarPlay, your iPhone must be running iOS 14 or later.
We'll introduce you to some of the top Tesla CarPlay substitutes that can keep you amused and informed while driving. We'll look at a variety of alternatives that can help you get more out of the infotainment system in your Tesla, from built-in functions to mobile apps. We have something for everyone, whether you like to play games, stream music, or listen to your favorite podcasts. Let's explore the top Tesla CarPlay alternatives now on the market. There are some third-party solutions available that claim to enable Apple carplay on Tesla. Here are some of the most popular solutions:
Carlinkit T2C Wireless Adapter
Tesla users can wirelessly link their smartphone to the infotainment system in their CarPlay cars with the Carlinkit T2C Wireless adapter. After being connected to the Tesla's USB port, the gadget can be Bluetooth-paired with a smartphone. Once linked, the user can utilize the touchscreen on the Tesla to use their phone's music, navigation, and other apps.
iPhone 6 and above
iOS 10 and above
- Wireless CarPlay in Tesla: There is no need for cables or wires to connect your smartphone to the Tesla through a wireless connection.
- Easy installation: The Tesla's USB port can readily accept the device's plug.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices, the Carlinkit T2C Wireless adapter.
- Using Siri or Google Assistant
- Low latency
Ownice Auto Ai Box Wireless Adapter
This adapter maintains your Tesla's connection without the use of a SIM card and enables hands-free usage of additional phone capabilities like navigation, music streaming, and messaging. And also, this adapter is supported for Carplay and Android Auto. Utilize your Tesla's wireless connectivity for convenience with the Ownice Wireless Tesla Carplay AI Box Adapter.
iPhone 6 and above
iOS 10 and above
- Easy to install
- Support navigation and music
- No need a SIM card
- Support OTA Online Upgrade
- Support Multi-way Control: touch screen control, steering wheel control, etc.
- Support Voice Control
Kalos Tesla Wireless Carplay Android Auto Adapter
Tesla models after 2018
- Convenient & Extensions Functions
- Easy to Operate & Instructions
- Auto connected
- Small and Durable
- Most Reliable After Sale
Binize Tesla Model 3 Model S X Model Y Apple Car Play Adapter
This incredible solution keeps all the benefits of your existing head unit while adding complete CarPlay capabilities. The USB connector on the console or glove box is integrated with the CarPlay system, which offers button and steering wheel control.
For Tesla Model 3 X Y S 2016-2023
- Wired/wireless carplay
- HDMI IN
- Screen mirroring function (Apple)
- USB multimedia playback
- Support the original Bluetooth call function
- Support AUX in function, which can expand digital TV
Carplay Raspberry Pi Wi-Fi Hotspot Web Server for Tesla
Raspberry Pi users can use Carplay in the Tesla browser. A Raspberry Pi Zero W seems to be adequate at the very least. If you need a allowed CarPlay on Tesla Raspberry pi solution is the best one. First, you should connect Carlinkit. For that,
Here is the link for those who are interested.
In reality, if you integrate a Raspberry Pi into the Tesla, you can build a wifi network that the Tesla can connect to. A web server with a stream for Carplay video output via WebSocket will also be created on this Raspberry Pi. Through the use of a CarlinKit adapter, the Carplay video stream is retrieved. Then, on the web server, create a small HTML page that enables it to send touch gestures for control via WebSocket and connect to the stream using Websocket/Canvas for video. Due to the fact that the browser forbids sound while driving, our Raspberry pi can be Bluetooth-connected to the Tesla for sound.
How to install?
- You may get installation instructions and the required materials in the documentation.
- In order to control Carplay while it is opened in a browser on a computer, you must make a touch screen simulation.
- This option necessitates a 4G subscription, but you don't have to pay for the Tesla subscription and your car has Wi-Fi. If there is no internet access, you can use ethernet at home instead of having the Tesla connect to your Raspberry's Wi-Fi network.
FAQ related to Tesla CarPlay
Does Tesla support CarPlay?
No, Tesla does not support CarPlay. Instead, Tesla has its own infotainment system. But you can enjoy carplay on the Tesla infotainment system via hardware upgrades like Carlinkit T2C wireless adapter.
Does Tesla plan to support CarPlay in the future?
There is no official announcement from Tesla about supporting CarPlay in the future. However, Tesla is continuously updating its software and adding new features, so it's possible that CarPlay could be supported in the future.
Can I use Siri while driving a Tesla?
Yes, you can use Siri while driving a Tesla. You can activate Siri by pressing and holding the voice command button on the steering wheel.
What models can run CarPlay?
As of 2018, only Model S, Model X, Model 3, and Model Y vehicles were produced with Tesla CarPlay.
Can I connect my iPhone to a Tesla Model 3?
Yes, you can connect your iPhone to a Tesla Model 3 using Bluetooth. Once connected, you can stream audio from your phone and make hands-free calls using the car's built-in microphone and speakers.