It is music lovers’ nature to listen to music whenever the time permits him/her to. This is always true for them when they are specially on a long drive. That’s when the need for CarPlay Youtube Music comes in. YouTube Music is Google's official music app and it is one of the best CarPlay apps and one of the best Android Auto apps which enables users to listen to their favorite music out of the millions of albums and songs available there. And, thanks to Youtube, now it supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay enabling drivers to enjoy their long drives with music.
In this article, we will be talking about the YouTube Music app comprehensively related to following contests.
CarPlayYouTube Music App
- Download YouTube Music App for CarPlay
- How to Add YouTube Music App to CarPlay
- Youtube Music CarPlay Features and Functionality
- YouTube Music Free and Premium Versions
- Drawbacks as a CarPlay app
- FAQ/ Common Questions/ Issues of YouTube Music CarPlay app and Fixes for them.
CarPlay YouTube Music
In 2021, many users have accepted that YouTube Music is the best CarPlay Music App. What makes this Youtube Music app even better is that it supports SIRI support. Meaning that the driver does not need to have his hands involved in controlling the app. Just the voice does all the course he needs. Amazing isn’t it? This is actually a good news if you are someone who has been expecting something different for Spotify and Apple Music.
However, there’s one thing you need to keep in your mind. This is Youtube Music CarPlay. Not CarPlay Youtube. So if you want to see YouTube the same way, it’s not possible on the default CarPlay. Under such circumstances, you have to go for an app like WheelPal in order to get any Apple CarPlay video app like YouTube , Netflix etc on CarPlay, while you can enjoy YouTube Music CarPlay app without any extra steps like that.
Download CarPlay YouTube Music App
You can simply download the YouTube Music app with Apple app store. It is just an 186MB sized app offered by Google LLC ( Only the app version 3.11 and above are supported with CarPlay. ) It requires iOS 11 and is compatible not only with iPhone but also with CarPlay iPad .
How to Add YouTube Music App to CarPlay
You have to do nothing to add them to CarPlay, but download it to your iPhone. Normally it will automatically be displayed in the CarPlay menu.
If you can not see the app in the CarPlay App menu follow the steps below.
- First go to the settings on your iPhone
- Then select General
- After that select CarPlay and then your vehicle which is listed
- Now you will see your CarPlay screen and applications
- And with the + button you can simply add the app to CarPlay.
CarPlay Youtube Music Features and Functionality
- By 2021 YT Music app supports SIRI so that you can navigate among music with voice commands.
- Also it supports family sharing letting you to share your favorite music with loving ones.
- You can easily search what music you want to listen to.
- Moreover you can Find the best matching music according to your mood.
- You are allowed to simply create Playlists according to your taste and contexts so that you can simply listen to them while driving and you don’t have to bother about searching for similar music. App provides recommendations for you based on time, location etc.
- App serves a “Hotlist” that is trending around you, so that you won’t miss the latest.
- In addition app content includes Albums, singers, live performances, covers , remixes and anything related to music.
- Another killer feature is, you can search music just with a piece of lyrics instead of the song title, the app will serve you the right music.
- Offers 256kbps sound quality. The default is 128kbps and you can change it with settings under “sound quality using a Mobile network”. This allows you to use a lower quality sound when using mobile data while using a high quality sound with wifi.
CarPlay YouTube Music free version and premium version.
- The free version enables you to play music on CarPlay. So you can enjoy music by opening the app on screen. So YouTube Music app without premium version can not be used concurrently with another app.
- Advertisements can interrupt your experience.
- Premium version costs £12.99 / 15.67 USD (This may vary based on your location).
- Yet it provides you an uninterrupted advertisement free experience.
- Enables you to use it as a background playback. So that you can just use maps or any other app on the CarPlay screen while listening to favorite music.
- Allows you to download music/ enable offline MixTape, so that you can listen to them even if you do not have an internet connection.
- It allows music to be continuously played even if the screen is locked.
- Also you will be given a one month of free trial to have the premium experience.
Drawbacks of YTM app as a CarPlay app
This app does not have many drawbacks. This contains only music and no podcasts or any other contents are served. Only the premium version fits best with CarPlay as it is very much important to play music as a background playback.
FAQ/ Common Questions/ Issues of CarPlay YouTube Music app and Fixes for them.
YouTube Music App not working on CarPlay
Many users complain that the YouTube Music app is not working properly with iOS 13 and they are facing issues with opening playlists and browsing music via CarPlay interface. If you are facing the same issue, you can go to settings→ YouTube Music → Turn on Background App Refresh. If this is on, simply switch it off and switch it on again. Launch YouTube Music app again and most probably it should work.
YouTube Music Browsing not working
Some others have experienced issues in browsing artists and albums. But after the iOS 14 update, many of them have got those issues solved automatically.
Malfunction of Mixtape in YT Music CarPlay
Malfunction of Mixtape is another issue found with YT Music app and a phone reboot is the suggestion we can provide without any inspection.
CarPlay Music app black screen
Another common issue of YT Music CarPlay is Black screen. And many users say that unlocking the phone screen, restarting phone and connecting to CarPlay again, solves this problem.
By default CarPlay supports entertainment apps , communication apps and navigation apps like CarPlay Maps. And you can install any app on CarPlay using an app like WheelPal.
In conclusion YouTube Music App can be recommended to use as the basic music app in your CarPlay or Android Auto. It provides a large number of contents with the best sound quality. It provides recommendations for music based on the time and location. Premium ad-free version is best compatible with CarPlay / Android Auto as it allows background playback.
So if you haven’t tried the YouTube Music App, don't wait, try it today and bring your in car entertainment to a next level.
Also you can try other entertainment apps like BBC iPlayer for in-car entertainment.