Why Android Auto Hacks
Android Auto Hacks are something always searched by the car lovers who are using android devices. There are some limits and issues in Android Auto, yet, it is the best feature ever for the android users, when they are in their car. In this article, I am going to provide you some killer solutions to overcome some issues. Furthermore you will be learning some interesting tips to enhance your Android Auto experience.
Android Auto Hacks, and Tricks
1. How to download and install Android Auto from anywhere in the world
Android Auto Facility is available in Google Play Store, only for a limited number of countries. If you belong to a country in the following list, you can directly download Android Auto from Google Play Store directly.
If you don't belong to these countries, You have to get the aid of a VPN in order to install Android Auto.
- Install any VPN app compatible with your phone.
- Choose a VPN server in one of the above countries.
- Establish the VPN connection.
- On your Android device, go to Settings -> Apps.
- Under “App List”, click on the Google Play Store app.
- Click on the buttons “Clear Data” and “Force Stop.”
- Exit settings and relaunch Play Store App.
- Now you can Install Android Auto.
2. Checking a car’s compatibility with Android Auto
If you have a doubt on the compatibility of your car with ANdroid Auto, you can simply use CarPlay Android Auto Compatibility checker.
Also there are alternative apps for Android Auto , and you can use them if your car is incompatible with Android Auto.
3. Android Auto Youtube Hack
As driving should get the main focus of yours while driving, most of the attention grabbing apps like gaming, video, reading apps haven’t been inserted to the Android Auto app cluster. But many of you will be glad if you have YouTube on your Android Auto.
If you believe that you can manage with listening to the videos, find the clear instructions for installing Youtube to Android Auto from the following link.
4. How to use a wired Android Auto head unit as a wireless Android Auto unit - the cheapest and easiest way (No root required)
Future Android Auto are going to be wireless. But for you, there is a way to convert your wired Android Auto Head Unit into a wireless one.
Needed equipment : Another Android Device(better) or a TV stick. This device is referred to as ‘Slave’.
Needed Software: XDA Labs Application
Idea : You have to connect the slave phone /TV stick to the Android Auto head unit so that it can receive commands from your original phone.
- Set up a Wi-Fi hotspot on your Original device .
- Connect the slave device that hotspot .
- Plug slave device into the Android Auto head unit.
- Select AAGateway and tap “Always.”
- Set up the Android Auto head unit server on the master device.(Enable developer settings in the Android Auto application and start it there).
- If you have issues, try enabling USB debugging on the slave device.
5. How to stop charging the phone once connected to Android Auto
Battery getting overpowered as it charges the phone once it is connected to Android If Auto. If you drive daily, this might affect on your phone in a negative way. By the time I am writing this article, ANdroid Auto has not provided any control against this.
What you can do is modifying your USB cable. Better to take a separate cable for connecting phone to Android Auto and you can remove the voltage wire of that cable. Then it will not charge your phone.
Or else, you can root your phone and set a battery charge limit.
Tips and best practises
1. Send texts easily while driving- supported messaging apps
You can get the messages read out loud by selection the notification.
Android Auto’s settings menu enables you auto reply facility. You can set up predefined texts there, so that you can reply within one touch.
If not, you can use voice commands to get the message auto typed, listening to your voice and to send it to the relevant contact.
2. Calling made easy
Make caller groups and add the contacts you are using frequently, into one group, so that you can access them easily.
Always use sound controls to make phone calls to a certain contact.
Eg : “OK Google, call John..”
Organize your contacts with all the details including caller images.
3. How to save data
Always try to use Android Auto with the head unit
4. Stay updated on new features
At the bottom of the Android Auto Home page, there is a space for you to enter your email address and receive the latest news and updates on Android Auto. It will be really helpful for you since aftermarket solutions, feature updates and everything will be notified for you as soon as they are released.
There are many more hacks and tips. We will discuss them in future articles.