Netflix on Android Auto is a common question and our answer is a definite YES. Well, the article begins from scratch and will take you to a successful result. We will talk about everything. Stay tuned.
How to watch Netflix on Android Auto?
Watching Netflix on Android Auto is not as difficult as it seems. We will tell you how. But first, bear in mind that this can only be achieved when your Android device is rooted, unless you’re upgrading your hardware.
Rooting is about removing the restrictions imposed by Google on Android/Android Auto.
Let’s see the process of the Root Method.
How to set up Android Auto Netflix [Step Guide]
The guide will be presented to you in three main phases to make it more clear to you.
The First Phase of the Netflix set up process
- First, download the Android Auto app and launch
- Then give permissions to everything it asks for
- Enable Android Auto notifications
- You might find an icon called “about” on the top left corner.
- Tap on the settings
- Scroll down the menu and tap on the “version” repeated several times until it brings developer settings to enable
- Scroll down the newly appeared menu and check “Unknown Sources”
Now you have to some apps/tools downloaded. Below are they,
Download the latest version AA Phenotype Patcher APK available. (using phone)
Now download the next file, Mirror AA Debug File (using phone)
The second phase of the Netflix set up process
Now install both downloaded files
Launch “AA Mirror” first and follow the below steps
- Tap “Screen settings”
- Under “Screen rotation”, select the “Force” option
- In “Rotation degree” select “90 degrees”
- Under “Immersive mode”, select “Full immersive”
Launch “AA Phenotype Patcher” and proceed with the below steps
- Tap the icon at the top right
- Select “Apps List”;
- Check “AA Mirror” and go back to the main screen;
- Tap on “Patch”
- Grant Root permissions
- Now is the time to reboot your phone. Tap on Ok to reboot.
The third phase of the Netflix set up process
Now download the Mirror AA Debug file on your PC. Downloadable file is below.
Once downloaded, unzip the file and copy the file to your Android phone.
Open Root Explorer
- Go to “Download”
- Scroll down the list and copy the “frida” file and paste to the system/bin folder
- Then go to download again copy“mirror.js” file and paste to the system/bin folder
- Now find the “frida” file you just located, hold your finger on it and tap the 3-dot icon on the top right.
- Select “Permissions”
- Once selected you will find a list.
- Then, in the “Owner” line select “Read”, “Write” and “Execute”. In “Group” and “Others” check “Read” and “Execute”. Tap Ok.
Open the Tasker app
- Go to the “Tasks” tab
- Create a new task by tapping on the “+” icon
- Type a name for the task. Like “Netflix” or “Watch Netflix” and tick
- Then you will be directed to a task space. There, tap on the “+” icon which is at the right bottom.
- Select “Code” in the next appearing list
- Tap “Run Shell”
- In the “Command” field type “frida -e -s /system/bin/mirror.js -n com.netflix.mediaclient”
- Tick “Use Root”
- Tap the left arrow key at the top left. Once you do, settings will automatically be saved.
- Go to the “Profiles” tab and create a new profile. To do that, tap on the “+” button like you did before
- Type in your preferred name like before. E.g. “Netflix Mirror” and tick
- Then select “Application”
- Browse the apps, find and select the Netflix app. Once selected, tap the left arrow at the top to return to profiles
- Select the previously created Task. The task will appear as you named it. I.e. Watch Netflix if you save created it as “Watch Netflix” earlier or as Netflix if you chose “Netflix”
Congratulations! Now you are almost done. Now you need to connect your Android Device to the Android auto-supported infotainment system and start “AA Mirror'' and then select “Netflix”, to watch Netflix on Android Auto. Finally, You can enjoy your favorite Netflix in your car.
Android Auto Netflix no root?
If you search for a way to have Android Auto Netflix without root, we can recommend two ways. Those are aftermarket solutions (Hardware Upgrade) or downloading an Android Auto alternative app like InCar App.
Netflix with Hardware Upgrade
Hardware upgrade is ideal for Netflix. Not only for Netflix, but you can also enjoy the best Android Auto apps Google restricted like YouTube. We listed the best hardware solutions.
1. Carlinkit Ai Box Wireless Android Auto Adapter
This wireless adapter is the latest one released by Carlinkit supported for Android Auto. This is a super cute product and easy to use. The adapter features a USB Type-C connector and comes with a Type-C to Type-B cable that can be used to connect the adapter to the car. This is an ideal product for Built-in video apps such as Netflix. The Compatible devices, cars, and features are mentioned below.
IPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, IPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone SE, IPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, IPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xr, iPhone X, IPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G， Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S21 5G，Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy A32 4G，Galaxy A52 4G, Galaxy A72 4G, Galaxy A82 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy M62 Xperia 1 IV, Xperia 1 III, Xperia 5 III, Xperia PRO-I, Xperia 1 IV, Xperia 5 III, Xperia 1 III
Compatible Cars: 2016-2023 cars(Currently BMW series is not compatible for the time being.)
Prerequisites: Compatible with models with built-in Android Auto
- Slim Design and easy to use
- Connectivity Technology- USB, Wifi, Bluetooth, and Support 4G Network
- Support with video streams like Netflix
- Automatic Connection and fast performance
2. Carlinkit Ai Box Wireless Android Auto Adapter
Carlinkit’s other latest adapter is this box-type wireless adapter. Most adapters work the same. but there are some differences. This is also easy to use and carry in the car. It has a smooth connection and is easy to connect by USB Cable to your car infotainment system. And as well the adapter will connect to your phone via Bluetooth and wi-fi.
Compatible Devices: Android 5.0 and above
Compatible Cars: Audi, Ford, Skoda, Pioneer, Honda, VW, Jeep, Toyota, Peugeot, Volvo, Mazda, Porsche, Benz, Lexus, Buick, Chevrolet
Note: Not compatible with: BMW, Nissan
Prerequisites: Compatible with models with built-in Android Auto
- This came with Dual Bluetooth
- Built-in GPS & Beidcu
- Connectivity technology-Wifi, 4G, Bluetooth
- Large capacity memory (4GB RAM + 64GB ROM)
- Support with Video-based apps like Netflix,YouTube
Android Auto Using InCar
InCar App is the second best solution without root If you do not have Android Auto. You can allow many apps by using the InCar app. Also, this app has almost all the apps needed while driving including YouTube, Netflix, Google Maps, Facebook, etc. The important thing is that the app opens in landscape mode. So easy to use.