“Set up the Set up for CarPlay”
STOP…. CarPlay demands a compatible environment. Have you made it so…?
If not, quickly take action. Here are what you need to make sure before you begin to set up CarPlay :
- iDevice Compatibility: iPhone 5 or later
- iOS Compatibility: iOS 7.1 or later
- Car Compatibility: Should be a CarPlay compatible model. If you are not sure Check your car’s compatibility with CarPlay.
If CarPlay doesn’t support your car, you are not alone you may get the assistance of CarPlay alternatives or a head unit.
OK. Now you have fulfilled all the requirements. Here’s how to set up CarPlay for the infotainment system.
- Firstly Keep the car’s engine running
- Then lug your iPhone into the USB port of your car. If you are going to use wireless CarPlay you can connect with Bluetooth or wifi.
- Also If CarPlay home screen doesn’t appear on the display, tap on the CarPlay icon
- On the other hand if your car supports CarPlay via wireless or Bluetooth method, press and hold your car’s voice control button.
- Then, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car
3. You must be there now. After that Ask Siri what you need.
If you come up with any issues in CarPlay, you can do the process again by disconnection the connection and many users says it works most of the time. Understanding how does the CarPlay works will definitely help you to overcome these issues.
CarPlay is available for 36 countries by 2020.
- China mainland
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
CarPlay is available for a limited number of phones and it supports iPhone5 and higher iPhone models.
- 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max / 11
- XS / ten s / XS Max / ten s Max / XR / ten r / X
- 8 / 8 Plus
- 7 / 7 Plus
- 6s / 6s Plus / SE
- 5s / 5c / 5
Also, it is automatically updated with the iOS version.
How to set up CarPlay apps outside the default
Even though there is a list of CarPlay supported apps, there are some mostly used visual based apps like YouTube, Facebook, Videos, which are not available for CarPlay by default.
However there is a solution for getting those apps with the WheelPal app . However, you need to jailbreak your phone for this.
Many asks whether CarPlay is something worth and with the help of the hacks we have provided in the blog we should say it is definitely "yes".
Since CarPlay is available for a limited number of iOS devices in a limited number of countries, there are thousands of people who miss the CarPlay experience. So targeting them,InCar app has been developed and anyone can experience CarPlay display on the landscape mode of their iDevice. You can not connect it to your car’s infotainment system since it is just a simulation of real CarPlay. Still, you can use the apps on the menu in your phone which ease phone operations while driving.
You can set up CarPlay with the given steps and enhance the experience with the apps like WheelPal.
Stay wit carplayhacks.com for more CarPlay hacks and tips.